Thursday, April 23, 2015

Andha Naalu Per!!!

This article is completely dedicated to those four people who have taken almost all the steps in shaping my life. They have been like pillars in all imaginable ways. They have seen me taking my first steps into this world, growing up and climbing my teenage days and then end up in a profession. They will also be there watching like hawks getting me married. No Doubt! 

By this time, I know you all would have guessed who I have been talking about in the above few lines. If you had guessed the answer as "My Parents", then you are completely wrong! These four people are totally invisible in society but they still ensure that they influence and mould your life in all possible ways. 



Let me start off from the day I was born. 

I was born in those days, whereby still the birth of the girl child was considered a burden! My mom had told me that my nanamma (father's mom) did not celebrate  my birth as she did for my brother. Now immediately don't think that my nanamma as the villain. She was one hell of a sweet lady who inculcated her artistic skills  into me. She was greatly influenced by those four people and their holistic concepts. She was obviously trying to be diplomatic and merge with society. If at all she would have voiced her opinion, she would have been ignored by the society because in those days women voicing their opinion was also considered illegal by the same four people.

As I grew up, these dhanda buggers (waste buggers) were busy influencing my parents, torturing them to save money for marriage more than education. Thank GOD!  My parents were such strong headed people, that they considered that education will be my best gift. The moment I completed my under graduation, they had started pestering my parents about marriage talks. Ennadhan da unga Prechanai??? These four idiots will have hell lot of problems in their family but they solely  focused only in other affairs. The degree of determination that they have is mind blowing! 

I am 27 years old now, so you can image the amount of torture that I would have undergone. This also shows how strong my parents have been :) 

We have been living in this home for more than 30 years which means we are known to a lot of people. One fine day, an old lady residing 10 homes away from our home walks up to my mom and asks why I was not yet married (Rhomba mukiyum). She even convinced my mom to go and visit an astrologer the next day. The output was wastage of Rs 300. Seriously I could have had one mutton biryani and barbecued chicken in this money :(. God heard me cursing this old lady and he was so kind enough to start off a property fight between her daughter and her son to the extent that police had to get involved ( You can imagine how happy I was - all 34 teeth eeeeeeeee I say)!!!

I was so bugged with my first job and I received an opportunity to work in Coimbatore for a year. It was the most toughest part of my life. But what made it more  tough were these four nameless fellows. They had the guts to tell  my parents that they had sent their daughter for work so that they can use the money and enjoy their life. How insane?? When I returned back, I could see that my parents were mentally drained handling these psych heads alone!

As I am still single, the four people have imagined the following things.

1. I am in love ( most common syndrome that they associate with all bachelors and spinsters especially above 25 years)
2. I have a mental problem (I suffer from adangapidari or the headweight syndrome)
3. My parents have no money to get me married (Seriously hilarious) 
4. Something is seriously wrong with my astrology (God himself has told them)

These guys are so jobless and vetti and it is very easy for anyone to identify them. From my experience here are some points of how these people can be recognised.

They generally move in groups (can be 4 or more than 4). On a a lazy evening you can find them chatting in the veranda or on the road in groups of 4. They can also be your relatives. If you cross them the common lines you might overhear is "avangaveetla" (in their house), "Andha paiyan or andha Ponnu" (that girl or that boy),  Ava mamiyar (her mother in law) and so on...

You can also see them in marriages whereby they will be raising the BP of the girls mother, asking her how much gold are you giving to the Bridegroom, how much has the bridegrooms family promised to give in return, Mapillai US ah, will your daughter leave to US after marriage, avanga mamiyar epdi... and the list continues adding more fuel to the already burning fire in the mothers head...After asking all these shameless questions, they even sit in the marriage dining hall to eat the oosi sapadu. As a matter of fact, these people only have the name of  "Well Wishers" but they for sure won't like to see the growth of other people. 

Our society has raised us in such a way - that we live only for these four people. Sadly none of us have made an attempt to live a life for ourselves! I felt it was high time that someone writes to those four people. My dear readers all you need to do is share this post with as many people as you can! 

Dear nallu per, 

Yaarda neenga?? Please let us know what your problem is? It would be great if you stop imagining! You people suffer from schizophrenia, so please consult a psychologist today. It will help you on the long run! You people are basically jealous that such wonderful things have not happened in your life, therefore, you are trying to spoil the fun for  others too! Kindly grow up! 

For all those who have been influenced by these four people,

I know how difficult it is to come out of this influence. As mentioned earlier, these four
people might be your relatives. So you cannot even speak back at them. But, it is high time, we take a step forward. The only people who care about you truly will be your parents, your husband or wife and some of your close friends. Apart from this list you do not have to put with anyone else. Your family loves you truly and they will by all means support you and understand you. So please do not take decisions based on these four people anymore. 

The time has come to change.... Live life...Don't exist!!

Regards,
Brinda Megasyamalan










1 comment:

Mystic said...

Good One Brindha... I have been there! You are hitting saturation now.... I vented out in more than 1 writing :)